What comes in the package?
I envision it working like this: the shirt and its hangtag get wrapped in some custom printed tissue paper held together with a custom sticker of our awesome leaf icon. Wrapped with the tissue is a little handwritten note saying "hope ya' dig" or something much less ghetto in syntax. That all is placed in a poly bag with a mailing label and sent to anywhere we want it to go.
What does this all look like?
So the shirts speak for themselves; we all know what they look like. I think the tissue could go two routes, kraft with a little leaf monogram in brown (natural-looking) or white with a silver ink (high-class/clean). Both would be uber-sexy. The sticker is a one color green leaf on white and could be about 1"x 2" so it can hold the tissue together and make a nice little seal. The hand written note and mailing label could both be "designed" by getting a cool stamp, including the logo, mailing and web address. this would be an easy way to instantly turn any blank avery label or piece of paper into a piece of the fibre identity system. I found some labels that are 3.3 x 4 inches that i think could work nicely as mailing labels. The poly bags come in white, but the website says they can be printed on, which makes me think that a huge screen-printed or spray-painted fibre logo on the back would be pimp. A folded t-shirt is about 9" x 11" x 1". I think we should go with the 12" x 15" self sealed bag, so we could fit 3-4 shirts in one order if needed. Over the next couple days I'll actually get some things designed since we're all visual people.
What does this all cost?
Face it, this is a business and in the spirit of business this is how the costs break down. These prices are all based on things I've been able to find through various companies.
avery mailing labels $.09/order
sticker .$12/order
tissue $.05/order
uline polybag $.24/order
that works out to about $.50/order in shipping material costs, which seems manageable in my opinion. that doesn't include the one time fees for tissue printing plate, and stamp, but those should be marginal.
Feel free to throw in any suggestions; I think this would be a great way to present ourselves in a professional manner, that shows we're personal and mean business.
To check things out on your own check these out:
5 comments:
Ryan, you are a stud. I love the stamp idea and the natural-looking leaf icon. no, like - seriously.
ryan, i commend you sir. I think it should be manageable. I'm with andy on the natural looking wrap.
it will allow the white and green sticker to stand out more. are you thinking a rectangle for the leaf or a circle?
I'm not sure about printing on the polybags, don't know how much that would be...unless we did it ourselves...
stamp is super cool as well. the turn around on the stamp and the letterpress plate for the hangtag will be a few weeks. That is if we are still letterpressing. I'm not opposed to exploring some straight up prints.
i'm not opposed to doing some straight up prints either...i think anything that will deliver 6 weeks from now might be a problem, but i guess we can play that by ear. i think the custom tissue paper may be a problem as i just found out it will take about 5 weeks to deliver...thoughts? we can just go with reg. kraft until we get something cooler...
what about craft, logo stamp, and create a pattern ourselves on the paper.may bee too much with the sticker and everything. the sticker might be enough.
i think a pattern on the kraft is a kickass idea, especially if we can do it ourselves. Long-term, i think we can aim to have some craft custom-printed, but we should probably save that till after we have some revinue from our first season.
in general, I'm especially excited about the stamp. In my opinion, let's move on that right away! cheap, easy to design, super sexy. When we get the stamp back, we can test it on a white sheet of paper and use it as a "coming soon" on the site...
Post a Comment